Friday 28 December 2018

Consequences of working with expired ead

If you are working on an expired EAD , this technically means that you are unlawfully working and should stop ASAP. In certain circumstances, if a renewal was properly filed on time, USCIS is automatically extending certain expiring EADs. Consequences for working on expired EAD ? I just found out that my EAD expired months ago!


I totally forgot about it.

I immediately told my boss and following protocol, talked to HR. HR said I must stop working immediately and sent me home. They said they will be consulting with their.


Our I-48 together with I-7( EAD ) is still being processed. I did hear that she can continue to work and just pay a penalty later, but I could not verify this info myself. Worked on Expired EAD.


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. What are the consequences.

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Unless and until the EAD application was approved by USCIS, the employee could not legally show up to work. As you can you imagine, this caused a major headache to both the employers and employees, who had to stop working midstream on a. HR never mentioned anything to me but I did call USCIS multiple times regarding my renewal and why it was taking so long. I was told multiple times (at least different times) by USCIS that as long as my renewal application was pending that I was ok to work and i was not technically doing anything illegal.


A friend of mine has a situation where his EAD is expiring in a couple of days and his EAD application is only abo. I-7but are waiting for the receipt and the initial day authorization. I am working on EAD card and my first ead card is getting expired in few days.


Employer has asked to continue in my job while waiting for approval. Can any one advise me on the consequences ? My EAD has expired. Penalty for working on expired EAD ? Any deportation threat?


In some situations, an employee whose work authorization has expired could be eligible for a 180-day automatic extension. To be eligible for a 180-day. As soon as we release I quit my job and notified HR about this.


If an individual’s EAD on file with their I-form is expired , they do not yet have the new EAD to present to the employer for verification, and they do not have any other documents from the I-9.

Cancellation of the visa: Individuals who enter the United States in ESTA and violate the terms and conditions of their entry by working without authorization are not eligible for future entries under ESTA or visa waiver. Such individuals must apply for a visa at. According to him if your EAD has expired you can continue to work for days with the receipt from the EAD renewal, which hopefully will give enough time for the new card to arrive. This comes from the I-Handbook M2Page Question 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.